About This Recipe
“I always enjoy asparagus – and this is for other asparagus lovers. The carrots add a lovely contrast of color. And it is only 43 calories a serving!”
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 24 asparagus spears, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- Combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until items are disolved making a broth.
- Heat oil, in a non-stick skillet, then add the asparagus pieces, cooking and stirring constantly, until bright green (about 2 minutes).
- Add the broth mixture and carrots, cooking and stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and asparagus tender (about 3 more minutes).
Subscribe to our blog for more helpful tips. For more recipes like this one visit Food.com